Culp Elliott & Carpenter recruits, retains and develops highly talented, creative, and self-motivated individuals who share our Firm’s Core Values. We genuinely care about the welfare and success of our associates, paralegals, professionals and staff, and strive to maintain a collegial atmosphere where ideas and knowledge are openly shared. We believe that our success begins with our exceptional staff who demonstrate each day their commitment to providing superior and creative results for our clients in the most productive and cost-efficient manner. Our employees come from varied backgrounds bringing with them a diversity of experience and promoting a culture of inclusion and innovation.
Our employees consistently demonstrate a strong work ethic, exceptional interpersonal skills and are capable of functioning effectively both as team members and team leaders. Choosing CEC for employment offers a unique opportunity for individuals to participate in a variety of sophisticated and challenging projects early in their careers. CEC employees work closely with a number of talented professionals, including firm partners who recognize the value of leader accessibility and support. Team members engage with our clients with the utmost integrity, and partner with them to develop and maintain long-term, trusting business relationships. It is our goal that each employee finds professional and personal fulfillment through challenging work in a rich, diverse and enjoyable working environment.
We are actively recruiting for the positions listed below. However, we are always pleased to receive resumes from experienced legal and tax professionals.
Culp Elliott & Carpenter offers a comprehensive benefit program including
- 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance with the options of either a flexible spending account or health savings account
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Short and Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Culp Elliott & Carpenter is an equal opportunity employer. The Firm’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Current Positions Available:
CEC Advisors, a division of Culp Elliott and Carpenter, PLLC is looking for talented and highly-motivated individuals who have a history of providing input and bringing creative ideas to their work. We are eager to speak with tax professionals who enjoy and share a passion for positive interaction with fellow colleagues. Anyone with a Masters in Taxation will immediately catch our attention. We want to talk with professionals who can demonstrate a superior understanding of increasingly complex tax matters. Two to five years of tax compliance experience necessary. CPA required. Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare complex individual, partnership, S-Corporation and fiduciary income tax returns
- Research and consult on various tax matters resulting in timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
- Identify and execute tax planning and saving strategies to maximize client’s net financial worth
- Support client in assessing tax burdens and recommend solutions to support overall business objectives and goals
- Support client in assessing income tax filing positions are consistent with good business practices and with applicable federal, state and local tax laws and rules
- Recommend personal and departmental training and development needs
- Support clients in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service and other taxing authorities
Competencies should include the following:
- Solid understanding and experience with federal and state tax compliance, tax accounting, tax analysis and tax research
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products
- Experience with ProSystem FX tax software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Excellent client interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
We are currently seeking a motivated and highly organized Legal Assistant. Understanding of legal concepts, terminology, procedures and documents is helpful. Competencies should include strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Must be able to pay strict attention to detail while effectively handling multiple, competing and changing priorities. Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide administrative support to Partner and Associates
- Draft documents and letters
- Manage legal documentation, correspondence, and files (paper and electronic)
- Track deadlines and deliverables
Must be technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office. At least four to six years of progressive and substantive administrative experience preferred. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Resumes may be forwarded to:
Human Resources Administrator
Three Morrocroft Centre, Suite 400
6801 Morrison Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28211