Culp Elliott and Carpenter’s Corporate and Business Law practice group consists of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys who serve as counsel to publicly traded companies, privately held companies, partnerships, private equity funds, investment funds, joint ventures and entrepreneurs. We represent companies at various stages of development, ranging from start-up companies to entities with well-established operations. Our focus is to work with our clients to achieve their objectives efficiently and effectively, and we share our clients’ emphasis on the bottom line and the tax efficiency of corporate structures and operations.
Our firm provides both a wide spectrum of ongoing corporate services and counsel to companies across a wide array of industries. Our services include:
- Tax planning for the business structure and operation of the business.
- Organization and formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Full-service mergers and acquisitions representation for both buyer and seller.
- Preparation and negotiation of equity ownership, corporate governance and entity control agreements, such as shareholders’ agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, bylaws, options agreements, ESOPs, and convertible debt arrangements.
- Advise directors, officers and shareholders about corporate rights and duties.
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements, such as franchise agreements, business contracts, employment agreements, non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements, trade secret protection documents, real estate contracts and sales agreements.
- Draft and negotiate executive employment agreements, incentive compensation plans, non-competition agreements, releases and severance arrangements.
- Draft and negotiate financing, loan and securitization arrangements.