Our Finance & Capital Markets group has represented our clients in a wide range of capital markets and financing structures and and private offerings of equity and debt securities.
We regularly advise clients in the following areas:
- Conduit loans
- Securitized financing
- Life insurance financing
- Construction financing
- Permanent financing
- Mortgage and mezzanine financing
- Subordinate debt
- Mezzanine/senior debt
We work closely with our real estate, tax, corporate, securities and like-kind exchange practice groups to provide comprehensive commercial real estate, tax, securities and asset protection counsel to meet the needs of our clients with effective strategies at competitive rates.
We have recently represented:
- Representation of a national bank in various “roll-up” acquisition loans, including a mezzanine second-tier lender and third-tier seller/financing.
- Representation of multiple owners/developers of large apartment complexes involving capital market conduit loans.
- Representation of a publicly traded, national developer/operator/owner of assisted living facilities, in the acquisition and development of over 15 sites in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
- Representation of real estate developer in sale and multi-property section 1031 exchange of net leased properties replaced with partially completed retail developments including construction bridge financing and permanent conduit non-recourse financing combined with purchase of LLC membership interest for optimal tax consequences.
- Representation of various local owner/developers in negotiating and closing numerous capital market securitized loans in excess of $100 million for the development and construction of commercial retail shopping centers and single tenant outparcel sites.
- Representation of national sponsor of syndicated real estate acquisitions including negotiation of securitized conduit loan financing terms and preparation of private placement offering memorandum, limited partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, tenants-in-common agreements and related documentation.