Culp Elliott & Carpenter offers creative, client-oriented solutions by combining our attorneys’ knowledge and experience in the areas of taxation, real estate, corporate law, and secured transactions. Our attorneys are seasoned negotiators who can represent and assist clients in negotiating workouts, restructuring obligations and avoiding bankruptcy in order to sustain the viability of our clients’ business. Our firm has extensive experience representing business entities, real estate developers, lenders and secured parties. Our professionals have the ability to represent creditors and debtors in the negotiation of workouts, the negotiation of restructurings of obligations, and the process of bankruptcy.
The services that Culp Elliott & Carpenter’s Workouts & Debt Restructuring attorneys provide to our clients include:
- Negotiation of commercial real estate defaults & workouts
- Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy planning and negotiation
- Negotiation regarding the restructuring of obligations
- Debtor-Creditor representation
- Landlord-Tenant bankruptcy issues
- Cancellation of indebtedness and other bankruptcy tax issues
We have recently represented:
- Representation of various landlords and tenants in lease workout negotiations and litigation.
- Representation of a regional bank in workouts, foreclosures, deficiency judgments and bankruptcies for a portfolio of small to midsize commercial mortgage loans originated by the bank and other banks acquired by the bank.
- Representation of various real estate developers facing loan maturity with debt restructuring, workouts and related tax planning during recent real estate recession.
- Representation of bankrupt debtors in loan workout and sale of multiple adjacent parcels for a sales price with enough proceeds to repay all secured and unsecured creditors, with substantial profit for owners in a manner to allow owner to defer taxes on gain from sale, including negotiating with lenders, tenants and buyers.