The Audit and Tax Controversy practice at Culp Elliott & Carpenter provides full-service representation to individuals, business, nonprofit organizations, trusts, estates and other taxpayers in handling tax disputes and collection matters with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or other state and local taxing authorities. For example, the highly experienced and knowledgeable tax attorneys in the practice group have represented their clients in the following matters:
- Tax audits (office, correspondence and field audits)
- Administrative appeals of examination assessments
- Tax litigation in United States Tax Court, U.S. District Court, Court of Federal Claims, U.S. Courts of Appeal or other appropriate court.
- Criminal Investigation Division (CID) referrals and prosecutions
- Collection matters
- Innocent spouse relief
- Tax Penalty Abatement
- Foreign bank account reporting (FBAR)
- Wrongful Levy
- Trust fund recovery penalties
- Consultation to avoid tax disputes
- Sales Tax Assessments
- Disputed Refund Requests
The Audit and Tax Controversy team of tax attorneys maximize their 1)years of experience in dealing with the IRS and state and local taxing authorizes, and 2) extensive background and technical knowledge of tax laws and administrative procedure to successfully represent their clients. Our practice group members have represented clients over a full spectrum of tax issues, including income, employment (payroll), sales, and estate and gift tax.
Whether working in conjunction with ongoing representation or exclusively handling a controversy, our tax attorneys will protect your rights during this potentially uneasy and daunting moment and stand between you and the IRS or other state taxing authority to ensure your rights as a taxpayer are protected.